Companion offer three straight stairlift models, plus an outdoor stairlift, as well as two curved stairlift models. Companion’s range of different models means they are able to fit their stairlifts to awkward spaces such as narrow or steep stairs that other stairlifts won’t fit.
All Companion’s standard stairlifts come with adjustable chair seats and several of their straight and curved models can be modified to have a perch seat. A perch seat is a good solution on narrow stairs or for people who have difficulty bending their legs to sit in a chair seat.
- Same day installation for stairlifts that are needed urgently. This service is available for straight stairlifts and is subject to a survey. This means someone who needs an emergency stairlift can have one fitted and functional on the same day they make their enquiry with Companion.
- Price match promise where Companion promise to match any cheaper quote for the same stairlift from another supplier.
- Which? Trusted Trader status, which means Companion is endorsed as a reputable and trusted company by the UK’s leading independent consumer organisation.
- Choice of seat colours on most of Companion’s stairlifts so you can choose a seat fabric to coordinate with your decor and colour scheme. Companion also provide a re-upholstery service if you wish to change the colour at a later date.
- Adjustable swivel seat with a powered swivel option on some models.
- Ergonomically designed paddle switch that’s designed for ease of use for people with visual impairments or arthritis. The switch can be fitted on either the left or right side of the seat.
- Safety sensors that automatically cut out if there’s an obstacle in the path of the stairlift.
- Two remote controls to send the stairlift up or down the stairs as needed.
- A compact straight stairlift available for very narrow straight stairs.
- Perch seats available for most models.
- Heavy duty options with an increased weight capacity for straight and curved stairs.
The Companion 1000 has a very slim rail that fits neatly to the stairs rather than the wall. It is designed for straight staircases. An optional extra is a hinged rail that can be folded away when the stairlift is not being used to avoid it blocking a doorway or access. The 1000 can be customised with various powered optional extras and a heavy duty motor is an option for larger users.
The Companion 950+ is designed for straight stairs and shares many of the same features as the 1000 model, but with slightly fewer optional extras.
The 950 Compact model is Companion’s slimmest stairlift and has a straightforward, basic design. It’s the most affordable option as it doesn’t have any powered options. Its compact size makes it suitable for a lot of narrow staircases where it would be impossible to fit a standard stairlift.
The Outdoor 1000 is similar to the indoor version, but is designed to be installed on outside steps. It’s a good option for homes with several straight steps leading to the front door or garden as it is specially adapted to work outside and withstand the elements. It comes with slate grey upholstery as standard, a waterproof cover and a key lock for security.
The Companion 2000 is designed for stairs that twist or turn corners. It requires a custom made curved rail. The 2000 is available with various optional extras, depending on the user’s needs, including powered seat options and a heavy duty motor with an increased weight capacity.
The Companion Freecurve operates on a single tubular rail system. The design of the rail means the Freecurve model can be installed on very narrow stairs with tight bends. There are several optional additional features that enable the Freecurve to be customised to a user’s requirements. In addition to powered seat options and a heavy duty motor, there is also an active seat option and a voice connect facility.