Acorn sell straight, curved, outdoor and perch stairlifts, so they offer models for nearly all kinds of staircases and individual requirements.
- Safety sensors to bring the stairlift to a halt if there is an obstruction on the stairs.
- Two remote controls to call and send the stairlift to either the top or the bottom of the stairs.
- A simple paddle control that designed for people with limited dexterity. It’s easy to operate by lightly pushing it in the direction of travel.
- Battery power so the stairlift will continue to run in a power cut and the user won’t be left stranded.
- Digital display that’s easy to read and can detect any faults.
The Acorn 130 is also known as the Superglide and is designed for straight stairs with no bends or turns. It can be fitted to a readymade track without the need for structural changes. It has a padded chair seat with a safety belt for the comfort and security of the user. The seat itself, the arms and the footrest can be folded away when not in use to leave space on the stairs for other people. The seat swivels to assist the user to get on and off the stairlift.
The Acorn 180 is designed for curved stairs that have one or more turns or bends. It can be fitted to almost any configuration of staircase with bends or corners. It is fitted using a purpose built modular rail that has to be made to order to fit the exact contours of a staircase. It’s designed to be installed on the stairs not the wall, so there should be no need for structural alterations. As with the Acorn 130, the padded swivel seat, the arms and the footrest are foldable.
Acorn’s stairlift for exterior steps is an adapted version of the indoor Acorn 130, which has been modified for use outside. It is designed to be weatherproof and has a cover to keep it dry and protect it from the elements when not in use. It has a removable key switch for security, which means the stairlift can be disabled to prevent unauthorised use.
Acorn offer a perch stairlift which has a perch rather than a chair seat. A perch stairlift can be the best option for someone with restricted flexibility who has trouble bending their knees to a sitting position. Acorn’s perch stairlift is also suitable for narrow stairs where a standard stairlift would be too wide. Because the user has to perch rather than sit, there is a safety belt and grab rail for extra security.